Monday 20 February 2012

Decide and The World Awaits You - A dialectic piece by NIKET RANJAN



Decide and The World Awaits You




Finally I decided to put my thoughts quite coherently if possible. Has been truly said – ‘Fate brings you to the place which has already been destined for you’. Today when I find myself in a National Law School, with an inch of pride attached to it, I often think of the above quote. Before I put forth you my journey as is going through the NLS, let me tell you why I said the above lines.
            Since my childhood I was fascinated by cars and their design. And it had got engraved somewhere in my head that I would destine myself to be an automobile engineer. I opted for Science stream in my Higher Secondary School for the same reason. But I did nowhere find my way to ‘IIT’ or ‘NIT’…..(To the readers it is humbly pleaded not to feel fulminated when I specifically talk of IIT’s and NIT’s); but somewhere here. Never in my dreams had I thought of getting into this fraternity. This trend is not something I abhor or loathe of. But then you know – this did never come to my head; being a lawyer kind of or at least ‘getting into a law school.’ 
Now let me not bore you, the very esteemed, learned and highly adorable readers, with my poignant story. Let me directly come to the theme of this piece.
            Lawyers – I know you all must have perceived a man in black and white and who is loaded by law; some might have perceived the image of a man quite bald in personality stuck amid lot of books; some of you might even have perceived the very learned and experienced, I must add, Ram Jeth Malani or Arun Jaitley; well some others might have perceived it some other way which my limited mind is not capable of ‘perceiving’. I respectfully welcome all your perceptions, thoughts, and some of your fantasies simultaneously. Through this piece of mine I would very humbly try to prepare a cocktail of these perceptions and let it for you, again without reiteration, the learned, esteemed and adorable readers, to think about Law the way you want to.
Being at a Law School, to be precise at a National Law School, the first thing you would experience is- ‘Where have you come to?’ People around you try to put in your yet budding and quite immature (Don’t take it a criticism and I am quite sure you won’t) brain everything that is available with them. And simultaneously they want you to digest them. This might appear to you quite absurd; but then in a week or if you are smarter, which I already have mentioned you are, in less than a week you would get accustomed to things. And now once you have got accustomed, there is another step you need to take. After this first experience and this coping up with things, the next step is to choose from two different options available to you. The first one being – Do you want to cope with this ongoing pressure and let others drive your life, with you like puppets in their hands? Or  - Do you want to explore your own dimensions, coping with the things and simultaneously not allowing anybody to make a puppet out of you? I don’t know but my quite plausible brain compels me to think that most of you would love to opt for the Second option.
Now let me again try to bring to you the so called ‘consequences’ of opting both these options. If you opt for the former option, there is one consequence for sure that your life would become a more of a push factor and a mess simultaneously. When I call it a mess I would like to support it logically (I know this might sound legal but we need to provide evidence, we need to prove everything and that has made us like this; we keep on providing reason for every other thing). You are working in accordance with what somebody else is ordering you to and guiding you his own way. You have lesser time for yourself and for other things. You keenly try to cope, cope and cope. And this process never comes to an end. Therefore you are messed up, if early – better for you; of late – loser are you…!
If you opt for the second option, I don’t claim for a common consequence; but one thing is sure you would love yourself and at least you can make your epitaph read – ‘No Regrets’. You would get a chance to view Law and Legal Fraternity from, not ‘a’ but many different perspectives. And undeniably you would be able to diversify your knowledge simultaneously. Your life would be your own; and nobody to drive you in anyway. You need to cope but only with your ideas and guidelines not somebody else’s – this is the best part. Now, there is one thing as you all know – Every coin has two sides. If the first option brings you to mess, then the good thing about it is you would always remain motivated because somebody would be there to motivate you though for his own purpose. If second option gives you the opportunity to live life ‘Khul Ke’ ; then keep it in your head for sure that you would have to keep yourself self-motivated which is the most tiring and diring task. I told you, the esteemed, learned and adorable readers (not to reiterate) I would only try to show you a picture. The rest is up to you.
Once you have crossed these two experiences and taken the decision for choosing one of the ways, there is no third experience, things start teaching you and doors begin to open and life begins to unveil hidden chapters, bitter truths and memorable experiences. But before I wind up my this piece, I would want to advice for sure – Whatever decision you take; do stick to that and comply with it. Do remember things are always under your control. You need to take care. Go and get through the world awaits you…


By :- Niket Ranjan,a 1st year Law student.

5 comments:

  1. ur post is too much personalized ase most of d things u r telling is from one stand only rather u should compare it with various other stands too, what i suggest.....gudluck....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank u fore mostly for ur comment and for ur best wishes simultaneously. My piece might b a personalized one. I would try to come out of personalization if only i issue my next piece again Thanks once again.:) :)

      Delete
  2. you can still measure your perception i.e. satisfying yourself with the zeal of being an "automobile engineer"....side by side carrying your hectic study schedule...btw...nice article!!! :):)
    Bharat Kumar Singh

    ReplyDelete