Sunday 1 January 2012

Are lawyers sexy?


Are lawyers sexy?

I was chatting with a friend of mine and I asked her one question:
Are fighter pilots sexy?
She answered almost instantly yes.

Now before you assume anything, it's not that I have a thing for male fighter pilots. I love girls. Period. It's just that there was this one time, I met a real life fighter pilot. There were girls around me at that time and the moment he left, all the girls said the same thing:

"So sexy"

So I asked them, what about lawyers? Are lawyers sexy?

They said No.

So it got me thinking. Why the hell not?

Have they not seen The Practice? Have they not seen Boston Legal? Have they not seen real life lawyers? With our sharp suits, polished leather shoes and swagger?

Someone told me lawyers are nerdy. Fine. We read a lot. But we're not pointdexters like accountants and engineers. All day cooped up in an air-conditioned office doing maths. Yes. maths. How cool is that?

I am not saying I am sexy, but as a future lawyer, I am out on a crusade to defend my future profession from being laughed at and labeled as a profession for nerds.

Here's a list I came up with. It's just what I think and I stand to be corrected!
(Rockstars, Actors, Supermodels, pro athletes etc not included..different level altogether)

Top 3 Cool:
1.Fighter Pilots - Theres no denying this man. Uber cool.
2.Doctors - Have you seen McDreamy and his crew saving people? Cool.
3.Lawyers - Have you seen Dylan McDermott in The Practice? Cool.

Top 3 Un-Cool:
1.Engineers - Maths, that's all they do.
2.Accountants - They audit companies. Need I say more. A.u.d.i.t.
3.Teachers - God bless them but all of us have terrorized or made at least one teacher cry during our schooldays. Getting bullied by a bunch of kids? Un-Cool.

So there you have it. Lawyers are sexy, apart from me of course. I am an exception, I am a self professed nerd who read books as a favorite past time. But in general, lawyers are sexy. We may dress up like penguins with our black and white attire but my god ladies and gentleman, we're damn stylish penguins, waddling our way to defend justice.....well, to defend justice in most cases at least....

Trust me, I'm a lawyer.

7 comments:

  1. um YES lawyers are so hooooooooot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Lawyers Directory USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. The writer is enthusiastic about purchasing wooden furniture on the web and his exploration about best wooden furniture has brought about the arrangement of this article. USA Lawyers Directory

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!great article thanks for share us Write For Us Law

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!great article thanks for share us.
    Real Estate Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to a bar to get ladies can be overwhelming and exceptionally fruitless. First off numerous ladies are searching for a relationship and it's difficult to tell which ones are searching for some no surprises fun. Normally the simplest ladies to get are the most un-alluring and messy alcoholic. free muscle cams

    ReplyDelete